As a graduate in PA, you will begin your career as an Analyst. Consulting is a challenging but exciting environment and by choosing a career in PA, you will be advising organisations on how best to use their current knowledge to drive efficiencies and to compete more effectively in their particular field.
Lucy Mair gets an introduction to PA Consulting Group from three graduates who've recently joined the firm
Your role as an Analyst will be diverse and involve supporting consultancy teams on projects. Typical activities can include gathering and manipulating information, presenting conclusions to the rest of the team, managing project plans, assessing risks and issues, or documenting client requirements. This is to name but a few of your roles, as your duties will be ever changing as you work in tandem with the clients requirements.
You will be expected to use your interpersonal skills to develop client relationships and establish your own networks - this is a client-facing role. Within the first year you will be developing your own analytical methods and the basic disciplines of consultancy.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- working with clients and PA consultants to deliver creative solutions
- supporting a team of consultants
- analysis of business information
- research and collection of data
- developing and delivering presentation
- attending client meetings
Applicants should have a minimum of 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) and expect a 1st or 2:1 in any degree discipline. Some work experience in this field is desirable but not essential. Initially the role will involve 'hands-on' analytical and consultancy work.
We are also looking for students who can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated and confident with the ability to use initiative and work alone
- A strong team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the confidence to deal with people of all levels including senior management
- An out-going personality coupled with high levels of enthusiasm
- Able to work unsupervised with ever changing priorities and demanding deadlines
- Well organised with excellent time management skills, and the ability to manage many work streams in parallel
About PA Consulting Group:
We are a firm of more than 2,000 people, specialising in management and IT consulting, technology and innovation. Independent and employee-owned, we operate globally from offices across Europe and the Nordics, the United States, the Gulf and Asia Pacific.
We work with businesses and governments to anticipate, understand and meet the challenges they face. We have outstanding technology-development capability and a unique breadth of skills, from strategy to performance improvement, from HR to IT. Our expertise covers energy, financial services, life sciences and healthcare, government and public services, defence and security, transport and logistics, telecommunications, consumer goods and automotive.
How to apply
Please visit campus recruitment on www.paconsulting.com/careers for your business area of choice and apply online. You will be required to upload your CV and Covering Letter.
Please note, applications are accepted from 1st September 2012