We are looking for top quality candidates to join Greenhill’s 2013 London Analyst Class in July 2013
Greenhill: an overview
Greenhill & Co. is a leading independent investment bank focused on providing financial advice on significant mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, financings and capital raisings to corporations, partnerships, institutions and governments
Why join us?
Bulge bracket advisory reach…
- Trusted by blue chip clients: Over the past 5 years Greenhill has advised the likes of Coca-Cola Enterprises, GlaxoSmithKline, Roche, Tesco, Ladbrokes, the US Treasury and Virgin Money
- International coverage: Greenhill has 13 offices globally and has advised on a significant number of cross border deals, giving Analysts exposure to international M&A
- High profile deals: Since 1996, Greenhill has advised on over $1 trillion of transactions globally with an average deal size of $3 billion
…within a ‘boutique’ working environment
- Small and entrepreneurial: Only c.300 employees globally of which c.50 are based in London. Analysts at Greenhill are not small cogs in a big machine and strong performers are able to progress quickly
- Early responsibility: Analysts work in small deal teams gaining direct exposure to Managing Directors and learning first hand from their expertise
- Increased client exposure: Analysts are encouraged to attend client meetings from early on in their career at Greenhill
- Generalist experience: All Analysts at Greenhill (and the majority of non-partner professionals) are generalists, which allows for a more rounded experience
What can Greenhill offer you?
Working as part of an advisory team, you will conduct in-depth research on a range of companies, perform detailed financial and valuation analysis, prepare client presentations and take part in client meetings from an early stage
You will gain early exposure to high profile deals as well as senior members of the Greenhill firm. By working in small project teams you will be offered the potential to progress faster than in other firms. Greenhill’s global coverage will enable you to work on cross-border deals and, at the Associate level, there is the opportunity for secondments to other international offices
The work is fast-paced but you will receive excellent on-the-job training. You’ll spend your first month in the New York office, focusing on technical knowledge and connecting with your contemporaries in New York and globally. After this, you will participate in a bespoke programme of training activities, ranging from financial modelling techniques to the legal and regulatory considerations involved in M&A transactions
What are we looking for?
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic individuals who can demonstrate excellence in all areas. You will have exceptional academic credentials (on track for a 2:1 or above from a leading university), as well as having:
- A strong work ethic and the ability to perform well under pressure
- A keen eye for detail, strong numerical ability and logical reasoning
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas clearly
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and a real interest in transactions
For further information and to apply online, please visit www.greenhill.com and navigate to the careers pages