Placement and Duration
The 10-week Summer Analyst Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking Division (IBD) by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for the summer period. Summer Analysts are assigned to a specific group in either IBD or Global Capital Markets (GCM), building basic skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of domestic and international transactions.
Training begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training. This will include an introduction to Morgan Stanley, followed by division-specific training. Throughout the internship, you will be exposed to business speakers, practical sessions and have the opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from your peers through various social activities and events.
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments.
- Creating and updating financial models.
- Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value and price transactions.
- Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
- Attending team discussions and client meetings.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
- You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- You are a proven team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English. Ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is an advantage.
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
Morgan Stanley London
In 1977, Morgan Stanley opened its European headquarters in London, where it now has over 5,000 staff. Morgan Stanley is one of the preeminent financial services firms in the UK, with longstanding client relationships and a leading role in many landmark transactions. Our professionals value individual intellect as much as teamwork. We offer nimble, innovative services and products tailored to our clients’ needs.
Application process & deadlines
In London the application process for the Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program is combined with Global Capital Markets. If successful in obtaining a place on the program, you will be asked for your desk preferences ahead of joining us for the summer. Candidates must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/campus and are encouraged to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis.
The deadline to submit applications is Sunday 19 November 2017. Candidates should include their availability for the internship in the application form as roles can arise on an ad hoc basis. Applicants will be required to complete online tests within 48 hours of submitting an application. Please note we may also have some additional Off-cycle positions available throughout the year, depending on business needs.