PKF is one of the UK's leading firms of accountants and business advisers, which specialises in advising the management of developing private and public businesses. We pride ourselves on creating and sustaining supportive relationships where objective and timely advice enables our clients to thrive and develop.
We have more than 1,200 partners and staff operating from 19 offices around the country; wherever our clients are based, we can offer local expertise backed up by the resources of a national firm.
PKF (UK) LLP is a member firm of the PKF International Limited network of legally independent firms with around 15,000 people working out of 400 offices in 120 countries, and an overall turnover of approximately US$2 billion.
Internationally, the name of PKF is recognised and respected, and is associated with independent auditing to the highest standard. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of service with a personal approach.
Assurance & Advisory
Our Assurance & Advisory team provides an expert service to many types of organisations across the world. Our clients range from small owner-managed businesses to listed companies, partnerships, charities and government bodies; and we cover a broad spectrum of industries and sectors.
Key services include statutory audit, non-statutory audit, compilation of financial statements, assurance engagement, business risk services, Sarbanes Oxley assurance and international accounting standards.
We have a vibrant, dynamic and highly professional department, which we are continually looking to expand and develop.
Purpose of the role
Working both autonomously and as part of a team to deliver audit, accounting and advisory services to a range of clients. You will also work towards membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) or Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW). A significant number of these exams are sat in the first year of your training contract, ensuring faster career progression.
- Gathering of audit evidence through communication and interaction with client staff;
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records;
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions;
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget;
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager;
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements;
- Develop and strengthen client relationships;
- Add value to clients' businesses through analysing their strengths and weaknesses, and recommending effective solutions;
- Assist in the development of more junior trainees within the team;
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group;
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group;
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 280 UCAS Points from top 3 A-Levels and 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- Technical expertise
- Growing the business
- Building relationships
- Developing self & others
- Leading effective teams
- Delivering service
- Achieving financial results
- Managing risk & decision making